* * * *

* * * *
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” - Marilyn Monroe

Monday 10 May 2010

Costume design photoshoot - 10th May 2010

Today I photographed a lovely costume designer friend of mines dissertation outfits.

My first few attempts to get the lighting correct didn't go too well, but once I'd found the light dimmers and found some coloured gel's, the shoot went smoothly. (I dont like working a strange enviroment, cant find what I need) :)

Here are the best shots (haven't had a chance to photoshop out the the manniquin's writing though):



I'm really rather pleased with them myself, and I hope you like them too.

Please bare in mine that I am not currently at home with my own laptop, and haven't had a chnce to edit them at all.

They were all taken using a slow shutter speed due the lighting in the room and no flash, with a tripod to steady the camera and prevent blur. Under lighting (birdies) were used to create a sense of 'Eerieness' and make the iron gates behind merge into the backdrop but still have a looming place within the image, and 2 dimed lights from above to ensure the outfits were still visable.

More Fashion and photography coming soon :)

1 comment: