* * * *

* * * *
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” - Marilyn Monroe

Monday 8 November 2010

The Yummiest cookies :)

In my attempts to find the perfect soft cookie recipe I found this one. I have made them a few times now and they are lovely :)

  • 100g (4 oz) porridge oats
  • 125g (5 oz) plain flour
  • 2.5ml (½ teaspoon) bicarbonate of soda
  • 2.5ml (½ teaspoon) baking powder
  • 2.5ml (½ teaspoon) salt
  • 50g (2oz) bar milk chocolate, finely grated
  • 100g (4 oz) butter at room temperature
  • 100g (4 oz) dark brown sugar
  • 100g (4oz) caster sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2.5ml (½ teaspoon) vanilla essence
  • 115g (4½ oz) chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5
  2. Put the oats into a food processor and whizz to a fine powder 
  3. Add flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt and mix together 
  4. Add grated chocolate
  5. Put both sugars into a large bowl with the butter
  6. Cream them until fluffy
  7. Beat the egg and vanilla together in a cup  
  8. Beat this into the creamed butter mixture
  9. Add chocolate chips and dry ingredients, mix well with a spoon until everything is mixed in and you have a dough
  10. Use your hands to roll into balls the size of ping-pong balls and put them, 5cm apart, on a baking tray.
  11. Bake for about ten minutes. They should have a golden colour, but still look a little underdone. If you like them crisp, keep them in a bit longer
They really are yummy cookies, but I'll admit I have tweeked it a little to make it my own......but I can't go letting out my baking secrets now can I ;) 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment